ASRC Federal - Vistronix is a national security solutions provider specializing in transforming big and complex data sets into mission critical intelligence. Ingesting, processing, and exploiting Big Data is at the core of everything we do: Cyber & SIGINT Operations, C4ISR & Multi-INT Processing, and Enterprise & Open Source Analysis. As a national security middleweight, we have a passion for our customers' mission and value ingenuity, agility, speed, and the ability to think and deliver at scale. For more information, visit www.vistronix.com.
ASRC Federal - Vistronix is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer for a role on one of our subcontracts. This full time position affords the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an engaging, high-tech development environment, working with an excellent team and customer base.
The Customer is looking for an energetic, creative resource with a proven track record of successful technical project implementation. The Candidate must excel working within a team, showing a willingness to learn new technologies and demonstrating initiative. High performing candidates will be positively challenged as they interact with highly talented technical peers and a forward leaning leadership team. The software engineer will work within an Agile/Scrum development team to design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy COTS and custom components for a new, enterprise, Externalized Authorization Management (EAM) and Digital Policy Management (DPM) system.
This is an exciting phase for Identity and Access Management (IdAM) as the future of Externalized Authorization will lead to a new set of paradigms for access control. Recent investments in IdAM now leverage state of the art solutions using real, industry standards. Digital policies will be authored in a distributed manner, allowing policy changes to be implemented in near real time instead of weeks or months. Since not all customers live and work on one network, there is a recognition that enterprise IdAM solutions should be made available for use on other networks. Cloud hosting will allow IdAM services to leverage the full capabilities that make availability demands and self-healing services a reality. The software engineer will be a part of turning this vision into reality and will have the opportunity to learn new skills along the way.
The software engineer will assist in the design and development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of custom code and the installation, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of COTS. Responsibilities will include taking customer requirements for enhancing custom web applications and deploying a more efficient and value-added digital policy management (DPM) system. The software engineer may support the development of new customer digital policies and integrating them with the enterprise service. The software engineer may interface with customers during digital policy creation, policy ingestion, policy integration, and testing. The software engineer will support the implementation of an automated unit and integration testing capability for access control policies and other service components using JUnit. While the ideal candidate has strong experience deploying solutions in a cloud environment, candidates without this experience will learn this process with the rest of the team. The software engineer will also assist in the creation of technical documentation and other routine programmatic and security accreditation artifacts. This is full lifecycle software management. A COTS tool provides foundational capability and development of Java components extends this capability. These new Java components will call the COTS APIs to enable robust capabilities and services.
Interested candidates must have more than intermittent exposure to mandatory skills and will support efforts that span the entire software development lifecycle. Strong candidates will have a commanding knowledge of mandatory skills, be able to articulate depth and breadth of each skill, and perform these skills unaided.
1. Demonstrated experience developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining complex APIs.
2. Demonstrated experience designing, programming, testing, and delivering custom web applications in an object oriented language such as Java.
3. Demonstrated experience performing development and integration with COTS applications in a virtual environment.
5. Demonstrated experience designing, configuring, performing, and evaluating the results of back-end, service-based automated testing (i.e. not front end testing with tools such as Selenium).
6. Demonstrated experience troubleshooting issues encountered by users.
7. Demonstrated experience writing, testing, deploying, and maintaining multiple, complex LINUX shell scripts in a cloud-based, DevOps style environment.
1. Demonstrated experience developing within an Agile team environment.
2. Demonstrated experience deploying applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructures.
3. Demonstrated experience with deployments in the Sponsors environment.
4. Demonstrated experience developing RESTful web services with JSON.
5. Demonstrated experience delivering enterprise level Identity and Access Management services.
6. Demonstrated experience identifying, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement approaches within teams, processes, or technology.
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.