Labor Category Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable standards.
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.).
- Establishes and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions.
- Assesses each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy).
- Write/run scripts to support installation, configuration and maintenance of network switches, servers and systems for both test and deployed systems
- Diagram planning to include rack/elevations
- Write test plans/procedures
- Run patch installs
- Support STN/STE requirements
- Review System Security Plans
- Kick and deploy server applications
- Configure applications to use the messaging infrastructure
- Run messaging verification tests
- Maintain system updates with the current deployment information
- Support/monitor metrics pages to isolate issues
- Support monitoring of beacons for daily system troubleshooting
Job Specific Technical Skills:
- Skills to support and sustain current and future lab and live/dev and operational systems; ability to install, kick, apply security patches and provide software loading on deployed hardware (IBM, Dell, HP, CISCO, others)
- Ability to build (rack and stack), lab and live/dev systems (e.g. servers, blades, switch)
- Administrator skills for hardware/software, firmware, front-end and remote systems
- Experience with server hardening review/scripts to support deployment
- Experience with ssh, bash, Linux, and Redhat
- Experience with network hardware, administration and configuration, routing requirements, hosting, IP spreadsheets and allocation
- Experience with domain name service, Network Time Protocols, enterprise messaging, and file forwarding service
- Note: Experience – indicates ability to perform the above activities
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.