- Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years test engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task
- Recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 tasks for approval by the task lead
- Work directly with sponsor to coordinate task implementation
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest
- Performance Requirement Analysis - Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning
- Decision criteria analysis - Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- System Analysis - Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- User liaison - Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation For T&E use
- Plan for program- and event-level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates
- Design surveys for evaluations of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance
- Select, develop, & use analysis tools
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments,
- Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Plan program- and event-level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan
- Assist with any or all of the Level 1 tasks as constrained by technical training and previous testing experience
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support T&E activities
Job Specific Required Skills:
- Basic Understanding of Trigonometry (Will be subject to pass test)
- Flight testing experience
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.