- Fourteen (14) years experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of additional System Engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable standards.
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describe the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.).
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordination system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions.
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers.
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems, and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Develops system design solutions that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
- Contributes to the development of sections of system engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control documents.
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
Job Specific Skills:
- Required - experience engineering and deploying VMWare NSX solutions
- Preferred - experience engineering and deploying VMware vRealize solutions
- Preferred - VMWARE NSX and vRelaize certifications
- Required Skills: Additional Requirements: Heavy Linux: Server Builds, Red Hat, Centos; Centrify, IP Tables, SE Linux, Package Installation, Logical Volumes, Hardware Configurations, SSL Keys, Troubleshooting with tcpdump, Basic Troubleshooting. Windows: Server builds, GPO management, Windows Firewall, SW Installs, updates, SSL Keys, Hardware Configurations, Basic Trouble shooting. Infrastructure: Snapshot management, VM Hardware Management, creation of VLANS. Customer service: Troubleshooting issues with customers and pper organizations (e.g. Networks, Operators, Developers, Security, Dataflow, Monitoring). Managing tickets for incidents, Service request, Server requests, and change management responding to queries for pertinent system information, security incident investigation development package installation/upgrade troubleshooting
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.