The Systems Engineer shall have the following labor category qualifications:
- Ten (10) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support to IT systems including day to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Job Specific Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Systems Administrator in a technical role
- Experience with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining servers Dell servers HP blade servers, HP SAN, KVM switches
- Experience working with, implementing and maintaining GIT or similar version control systems
- Experience working with client mandated security, lab and production environment management, receipt of property, and ordering processes
- 7 yrs RedHat/CentOS environment
- Proficiency in Linux systems administration, maintenance, and security (including scripting and automation tools like Python/Shell/Perl/Puppet/Cobbler, PXE Boot and Ansible).
- Full understanding of the Linux security model including file and directory permissions, user group management, ACL management and network access control
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Experience with system capacity planning and future hardware and architecture requirements documentation
- Experience with some of the network security skills: Multiple Domain, PKI Implementation, SSP Development, Vulnerability Assessment
- Experience with some of the web implementation: Apache Webserver/Tomcat, Firefox and IE, GWT, JBOSS. Servlets, WebLogic
- Experience in working within agile software development teams
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to document procedures is a must
- Experience setting up and maintaining hardware and OS monitoring systems including using the findings to implement tuning improvements
- Experience working with Nagios, SPLUNK and Oracle 12C
- Experience with administration of systems running a non-SQL database such as Mongo or Hadoop
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.