The Systems Engineer shall have the following labor category qualifications:
- Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable standards.
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions.
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy).
Job Specific Requirements:
- 14+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer of direct experience and with at least five years wit the intelligence community.
- Must be result-oriented, self motivated, effective communicator, and independently productive
- Must be experienced in full system life cycle from concept development through testing, development, and sustainment. Provide project support for both short-term goals and long-term strategies
- Have current experience with broad range of SIGINT collection, processing, distribution and storage systems as well as data management
- Have recent experience on large-scale (Tier 1/Tier 2) programs
- Proven ability to present briefings/training material
- Demonstrated ability to convey new techniques and technologies to workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced engineers
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience in agile software development methodologies and practices
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.