The Software Engineer shall possess the following labor category qualifications:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure.
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINT solutions
Job Specific Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience including 6 years in Python and Java as well as basic database knowledge.
- Experience working with large, distributed systems with fault tolerance and scalability requirements, such as Kafka, Redis, and NiagaraFiles.
- Experience with multiple database tools, especially MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Accumulo.
- Experience in APIs, parsers, adaptors, User Interfaces, Command and Control structure for frameworks.
- Experience working in an AGILE Development Methodology environment with two to three week sprints.
- Experience working with existing CNO frameworks.
- Experience with existing analytics frameworks.
- Experience in embedded systems and vulnerability assessments.
- Full Stack Development experience
- Experience with DX, Content Warehouse, and Event Warehouse
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.