Labor Category Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable standards.
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.).
- Establishes and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions.
- Assesses each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy).
- Perform reviews of current site selection and approval rules, identify risks and conflicts with legal authorities, and recommend resolution
- Assess current targeting distribution and site group management processes and related rule sets, define technical and process improvements to achieve increased mission efficiency, system performance, data quality and integrity, secure sharing, data minimization and legal compliance
- Assess current data fields, data models and interfaces, and define new and improved data fields, data models and interfaces for systems and data repositories
- Assess, document, and define new or improved decision logic, rule sets applied to data, systems and repositories, and specific data fields
- Assess and define reliability and other performance measures for decision logic, rule sets and data fields
- Evaluate reliability of decision logic and rule sets, as well as manually entered data for critical fields and develop recommendations for deficiency mitigations
- Define and implement targeting technical requirements, configurations and processing rules to establish and improve correct and appropriate data access in legacy and modernized architectures
- Define use cases, scenarios, architecture diagrams, capability level, interface, functional and technical system requirements to define modernized systems
- Assess and define technical and procedural requirements to accomplish correct and accurate distribution of targeting information with internal and external partners; and provide input to policies and governance related to data acquisition and sharing based on the defined technical and procedural requirements
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedures, User Guides and Processes in support of targeting and dataflow activities and systems
- Define and develop processes, process diagrams, and workflows and related process documentation for targeting
- Help plan, define, develop and present customer focused training on targeting related functions, activities and procedures, to include classroom and remote delivery approaches
- Create and maintain project documentation, presentations, tracking, tasking etc. in Microsoft Word, Visio, SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint
Job Specific Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of the SIGINT lifecycle
- Experience with targeting, data flow or related systems
- Understanding and experience working with legal authorities and SIGINT data classifications, and how these impact legal compliance, oversight and secure data sharing
- Experience in developing CONOPs, capability level, functional and interface requirements
- Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
- Experience in facilitating business process development sessions with stakeholders
- Experience and strong user level competence in the use of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Job Specific Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience in defining or working with business rules, decision logic or similar types of configuration information for IT or Management Information Systems
- Understanding and experience with the agency SMART data initiative and SMART data tagging as it relates to managing SIGINT data in the cloud
- Working knowledge or experience with Atlassian suite products (especially Confluence and Jira)
- Familiarity with Policies and Directives as they apply to IT infrastructure and applications
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.