Labor Category Requirements:
- Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Cloud Experience: Shall have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
Labor Category Qualifications:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Job Specific Required Experience:
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principles
- 7+ years related experience
- Proficiency in Object Oriented programming using modern OO languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience working with complex software architectures
- Demonstrated experience working with a team
- Proficient in the use of debugging tools and techniques
- Experience with revision control software, such as Git, BitBucket or Subversion
Job Specific Desired Experience:
- Open source development contributions
- Development experience in a Linux environment
- Software development processes including Agile, iterative development, continuous integration
- Experience with multiple mainstream programming languages, such as C/C++, Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, Go or Perl
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Make, Maven, Ant/Ivy, Eclipse
- Maintaining a Linux environment, including installation, configuration and administration
- Experience using modern “Infrastructure as Code” systems such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible for configuring systems
- Working knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Exposure to open source and commercial enterprise software systems such as Ganglia, SLURM, Nagios, Splunk, Cacti, Sensu, BMC, or OpenView
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem or related (Avro, Thrift, HBase, Accumulo, Spark, Pig, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Storm, YARN, MapReduce)
- Knowledge of machine learning, graph analytics or other data science applications
- Ability to develop High Performance Computing (HPC) software using parallel programming constructs such as SHMEM or MPI
- Development and debugging in highly-scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment
- Lustre parallel file system
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.