Labor Category Requirements:
- Twenty (20) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processess may be substituted for degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers, analyzing systems flow, data usage, and work processes, and investigating problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Job Specific Technical Skills:
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX development environments
- Extensive C/C++ software design and development experience
- Ability to create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining C/C++ based components and interfaces
- Experience in full life cycle iterative development, requirements gathering, technical design, development, testing and implementation
- Ability to develop maintainable and extensible software framework to accommodate rapid integration of new capabilities
- Expertise with tools and processes for modern software life cycle management: Requirements (e.g. Jira, Redmine), configuration management (e.g. Git, Bitbucket/Stash, Subversion), development (e.g. Maven, make, Autotools) and continuous integration (Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo)
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, python, or perl
- Familiarity with deployment configuration tools such as Ansible or puppet
- Familiarity with new UNIX/LINUX system configuration and management
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.