The Software Engineer will possess the following labor category qualifications:
- At least six (6) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software using the Java programming language.
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
Desired Labor Category Qualifications:
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure.
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINT solutions.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
- Development within the Eclipse IDE.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Experience in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration of hardware and software systems to include an understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation, interface standards, and system architectures
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situation
- Experience developing and integrating new systems with existing systems
- Experience developing RESTful interfaces
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Drools rules engine
- Experience with MongoDB
Job Specific Desired:
- Experience with C++
- Experience with C++11 or higher and/or Boost
- Experience with streaming data
- Experience with prototbuf
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.