The Software Engineer shall have the following labor category qualifications:
- Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and corrects defects.
- Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
Job Specific Requirements:
- 14+ years experience as a Software Engineer supporting system and S/W architecture, development, requirements, design, process execution and evaluation
- Experience with C++
- Expertise in Java and scripting languages such as Ruby
- Experience working in a team software development environment
- Understanding of schemas (XML, XSD), network and telecommunications protocols, data streaming, databases, and data servers
- Knowledge of mission systems
- Proficiency in Linux (demonstrated in work experience)
- Knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, and commonly recognized good coding practices
- Familiarity with code development, test and configuration management tools such as ClearQuest, Redmine, Hudson/Jenkins, Git or SVN
- Familiarity with a make-based system software build/release framework
- Experience writing and updating software development-related documentation in accordance with approved quality standards
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.