- Shall have at least five (5) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Shall have at least four (4) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
- Shall have demonstrated experience working with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the MapReduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing RESTful services.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system.
- Shall have at least three (3) years experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
- In addition, shall have demonstrated work experience in at least two (2) of the desired characteristics.
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook).
- Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Required – Shall have at least three (3) years experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, VISTA) or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- Desired – Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- Desired – Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Desired – Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
- Desired – Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Desired – Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.