The Systems Engineer will possess the following labor category qualifications:
- Seven (7) years experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year of experience installing, maintaining, and testing SIGINT systems
The Systems Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Contributed to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Managed system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that were compatible with the defined system architecture(s).
- Assisted with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinated the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Participated in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
- Participated in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Participated in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Allocated real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
- Derived from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Derived lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that described in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensured these requirements were complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Generated alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Participated in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provided a common reference point for hardware and software developers.
- Defined the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products were verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Developed a system design solution that satisfied the system requirements and fulfilled the functional analysis.
- Developed derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Reviewed and provided input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
Job Specific Requirements:
- Candidate must possess over two (2) years experience in:
- Developing, implementing, and supporting standard operating procedures for subsystems and using appropriate customer standard tools and processes for mission support and troubleshooting.
- Execution of RF SIGINT by reviewing and analyzing requirements and providing authoritative direction for follow-on tasking, planning, scheduling and execution of RF resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements satisfaction through the SIGINT feedback process.
- Deployment and/or remote operations system support to CONUS and OCONUS environments.
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.